Saturday, June 18, 2011
NIKON D3100 Kit VR
* 14.2 Megapixel DX-format CMOS Image Sensor delivers beautiful photographs and prints well beyond 20 x 30 inches.
* Full 1080p HD Cinematic Video with full-time autofocus and sound lets you record cinematic-quality movies in Full 1080p HD format (1920 x 1080 pixels).
* Easy-To-Use—Featuring Nikon’s Guide Mode with intuitive controls and on-board assistance helping you take better pictures every step of the way.
* Fast 11-point Autofocus System delivers razor-sharp pictures.
* 3-in. monitor with One-Touch Live View shooting and movie capture.
* Built-in HDMI port lets you connect directly to your HDTV using an optional HDMI cable
* Control Image and Movie Playback with most HDTV remote controls
* 6 Automatic Exposure Scene Modes Just set the Mode dial to Portrait, Landscape, Child, Sports, Close-up or Night Portrait for stunning results in otherwise challenging conditions.
* Picture Control lets you choose from Standard, Neutral, Vivid, Monochrome, Portrait, or Landscape to apply a personal look and feel to your pictures.
* Built-in pop-up flash for those times when there isn’t enough light
* Includes 3x 18-55mm Zoom-NIKKOR VR Image Stabilization Lens with legendary NIKKOR optical quality and fast, accurate autofocus for vivid color, striking contrast and crisp detail and VR image stabilization to ensure the sharpest hand-held pictures and movies.
* Compact and Lightweight Design Beautifully styled—Ready to go wherever life takes you.
* Split-second Shutter Response eliminates the frustration of shutter delay, capturing moments that other cameras miss.
* ISO sensitivity 100-3200, expandable to ISO 12800 equivalent delivers exceptional results, even in the most challenging low-light situations.
* Scene Auto Selector lets the D3100 decide the best mode to match the shooting situation when using Live View.
* EXPEED 2 Nikon’s new image processing engine assures breathtakingly rich image quality, managing color, contrast, exposure, noise and speed.
* Scene Recognition System in Live View automatically optimizes exposure, autofocus, and white balance, allowing you to obtain beautiful photos without the hassle of making complicated camera adjustments yourself.
* Active D-Lighting restores picture-enhancing detail in shadows and highlights.
* Automatic Image Sensor Cleaning uses an ultrasonic process and exclusive Airflow Control combats the accumulation of dust in front of the image sensor, safeguarding image quality shot after shot.
* In-camera Image Editing allows creative freedom, without the need for a computer, offering easy editing functions.
Model Type DX-Format Digital SLR
Max. Image Resolution 14.2 megapixels
Image Processor EXPEED 2
Dust Reduction System Yes
* Image sensor cleaning
* Airflow Control System
* Image Dust Off reference data (optional Capture NX 2 software required)
Still Image Size
* (L) 4608 x 3072
* (M) 3456 x 2304
* (S) 2304 x 1536
Still Image Formats
* NEF (RAW)
* JPEG: JPEG-Baseline compliant with fine (approx 1:4), normal (approx 1:8), or basic (approx 1:16) compression
* NEF (RAW) + JPEG: Single photograph recorded in both NEF (RAW) and JPEG formats
Movie Size and Recording
* 1920 x 1080 (24p): 24 fps (23.976 fps)
* 1280 x 720 (30p): 30 fps (29.97 fps)
* 1280 x 720 (25p): 25 fps
* 1280 x 720 (24p): 24 fps (23.976 fps)
* 640 x 424 (24p): 24 fps (23.976 fps)
Movie Formats MOV
Lens Mount Nikon F bayonet mount
* 11 focus points
* Nikon Multi-CAM 1000 autofocus sensor module with TTL phase detection
Auto Focus Modes Single-servo AF (AF-S); continuous-servo AF (AF-C); auto AF-S/AF-C selection (AF-A); predictive focus tracking activated automatically according to subject status
* Live View Lens servo : Autofocus (AF): Single-servo AF (AF-S); full-time-servo AF (AF-F), Manual Focus
* Live View Autofocus : Contrast-detect AF anywhere in frame (camera selects focus point automatically when face-priority AF or subejct-tracking AF is selected
* TTL exposure metering using 420-pixel RGB sensor
* Matrix: 3D color matrix metering II (type G and D lenses); color matrix metering II (other CPU lenses)
* Center-weighted: Weight of 75% given to 8-mm circle in center of frame
* Spot: Meters 3.5-mm circle (about 2.5% of frame) centered on selected focus point
* 0 to 20 EV (Matrix or center-weighted metering at ISO 100 equivalent, f/1.4 lens, at 20°C/68°F)
* 2 to 20 EV (Spot metering at ISO 100 equivalent, f/1.4 lens at 20°C/68°F)
AE Lock and AE Bracketing
* Luminosity locked at detected value with AE-L/AF-L button
* Focus can be locked by pressing AE-L/AF-L button
Exposure Compensation ±5 EV in increments of 1/3EV
* ISO 100 to 3200 in steps of 1 EV
* Can also be set to approx. 1 EV above ISO 3200 (ISO 6400 equivalent) or to approx. 2 EV above ISO 3200 (ISO 12800 equivalent
* Auto ISO sensitivity control available
* Electronically controlled vertical-travel focal-plane
* 1/4000 to 30 sec. in steps of 1/3 EV, Bulb
* Single-frame [S] mode
* Self-timer mode
* Quiet Shutter Release
White Balance Auto, Incandescent, Fluorescent (7 types), Direct Sunlight. Flash, Cloudy, Shade, Preset, Manual, All except preset manual with fine tuning
* Eye-level pentamirror single-lens reflex viewfinder
* Viewfinder Frame Coverage : 95% horizontal, 95% vertical Approx.
* Viewfinder Magnification : 0.80x (50mm f/1.4 lens at infinity; -1.0m¯¹) Approx.
* Viewfinder Eyepoint : 18mm (-1.0m⁻¹)
* Viewfinder Diopter Adjustment : -1.7 to +0.5m⁻¹
* 3.0" TFT-LCD with bridghtenss adjustment
* 230,000 Dots
Internal Flash Yes
* Auto with red-eye reduction
* Auto slow sync
* Auto slow sync with red-eye correction
* Rear curtain with slow sync
* Guide Number 39/12, 43/13 with manual flash (ft/m, ISO 100, 68°F/20°C)Approx.
* Flash Compensation -3 to +1 EV in increments of 1/3 EV
Live View Live View Shooting
* Full frame
* Thumbnail (4, 9 or 72 images)
* Movie Playback
* Histogram display
* Auto image rotation
* Image Comment (up to 36 characters)
* Highlight point display
Storage SD, SDHC, SDXC memory cards
* Hi-speed USB
* Video output: NTSC, PAL
* HDMI output: Type C mini-pin HDMI connector
* Accessory terminal
Power Source EN-EL14 Rechargeable Li-ion Battery
Dimensions (W x H x D) 124.46 x 96.52 x 73.66mm
Weight 455g (body only)
Warranty 1-year Limited Warranty by Authorized Distributor